Washington State has two parts to our presidential selection process:
- We caucus. This year, 49% of Washington State’s Republican delegates are assigned to a candidate based on caucus results.
This year, that happens on Saturday, February 20th. There are five locations spread across Kitsap County, and you should caucus at the location that includes your precinct. (Registered to vote, but not sure what precinct you’re in? Click Here.) Registration opens at all Kitsap County caucus locations at 9:00am, and caucus procedure begins promptly at 10:30am.
- We hold an open primary election. Open primary means that no one is bound by party preference– Democrats can vote in a Republican primary, and Republicans can vote in a Democratic primary (though we really wish they wouldn’t– Trump is a scourge to all). As in any other election, you may only vote once.
This year, Washington State’s primary presidential election will be held on May 24th, and 51% of Washington State’s Republican delegates will be assigned based on the results of that election.
Kitsap County Caucus Locations:
- Woodward Middle School (Precincts 301-345)
9100 NE Sportsman Club Road
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- Baymont Inn & Suites (Precincts 001-099)
5640 Kitsap Way
Bremerton, WA 98110
- Olympic High School (Precincts 101-175)
7070 Stampede Blvd.
Bremerton, WA 98311
- North Kitsap High School (Precincts 401-464)
1780 NE Hostmark St.
Poulsbo, WA 98370
- Marcus Whitman Junior High (Precincts 200-297)
1887 Madrona Dr. SE
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Make your voice heard! Generally, Washington State doesn’t matter for much, but this year, we have a chance to DUMP DONALD TRUMP and right the GOP’s ship.
I’ll be caucusing for Marco Rubio this Saturday, and as he is the GOP’s only hope of regaining the White House, I hope you will, too!