As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I’ve begun reading through Harry Potter. It’s taking me a little longer than I’d hoped, but alas, adult responsibilities like work, cooking, and cleaning leave me with scant time to read.
That having been said, I’ve made it through Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and am part of the way through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
10 Things I’ve Learned:
- Dobby is free!
- I missed a letter from Hogwarts at 11. Also, Hogwarts is not exclusive to England! There’s a French Hogwarts, an Irish Hogwarts, a South American Hogwarts, etc…
- Platform 9 3/4.
- Diagon Alley.
- He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is named by Harry Potter.
- Quidditch sounds awesome.
- I am Hermione.
- Death Eaters.
10 Things I Still Don’t Know:
- Are the Malfoys actually evil?
- Which character marries Hermione?
- Why does Harry’s scar hurt?
- What does the Ministry of Magic do with the poor park ranger?
- Why can’t someone use a spell to fix Harry’s eyesight?
- If consuming unicorn blood can keep one alive, why does no one breed unicorns?
- How old is Dumbledore?
- Why is fortune-telling considered junk science in a world where visions and ghosts are real?
- Are there elections in the wizarding world? And if so, why hasn’t Lucius Malfoy been voted off the boards he’s on, since most wizards hate him for having sided with Voldemort?
- After Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, everyone knows Harry snuck away from Hogwarts. Why doesn’t Harry tell Mr. Weasley about Lucius Malfoy’s “collection”? That would be awesome comeuppance!